Thursday, May 12, 2011

What happened to Monday and Tuesday????

OK, It's Thursday.  Can someone please explain to me how that happened?  I know that I spent the majority of Wednesday at a conference getting up to speed on the latest laws regarding litigation of Child Abuse and Neglect cases.  After which I picked up the girls, made dinner (and reviewed homework while doing that), played soccer in the back yard with them ( I was the goalie), bathed them and put them to sleep.  Then, I reviewed a contract for purchase of real property along with all of the attending documents for my client, showered, facebooked with my cousins, sat down to catch a little mindless tv, and woke up on the couch with the tv watching me. BUT, what happened to Monday and Tuesday? I can tell where the days went by looking in my calendar.  There were two court hearings and one mediation session as well as all the other things that I do, (phone calls, emails, reviewing documents) to manage 173 plus cases that are all in active litigation, my clients and my staff.  On Monday I worked with the 4 year old on her letters and numbers and site words.  I can also look at my FB wall and see what I posted on those days.  On Tuesday the 6 year old and I finished up her International Night Report.  I had taught her some children songs from Jamaica during spring break and we danced in the living room until we collapsed in a heap on the floor.  This reminded me of music from my childhood and I posted links to them on my FB profile.  Remembering this, brings a smile to my face.  I, also see in my calendar that I checked off my 2 mile walk so I know now that I did take time out for me to exercise.  Now I remember.  I completed my to-do-list for work, spent time with my children, and took time for me.  Monday and Tuesday were filled with living.

No comments:

Post a Comment