Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Day Before Mother's Day...

Up at 5:45 a.m. (sleeping in for me) with the four year old, sipping coffee (me not her) while she drinks her milk.  Thankfully, both of my children understand the importance of Mommy's quiet time.  There is a lot on the agenda today however, since the husband is traveling for business tomorrow, I need to get as much done today as possible.  "Mommy, can I watch Maya & Miguel?" yells the four year old from the living room.  Heeeeeeeere... we go........!

Pick clothes for the kids to wear.  Oh yeah, gotta check the weather, is it going to be hot or cold or mild (I still don't know what "mild" means after living here for 12+ years.  I think it depends on if it is winter or summer). The four year old has dance class at 9:45, the 6 year old has her musical theater class at 11:00.  I have my Weight Watchers meeting at either 8:30 or 10:00 depending on how things go, generally.

Thankfully, today is Hubby's day to chauffeur the children around. Sooo while he is doing that, I will go to the hair-dresser and then the grocery store.  Whoops, I haven't checked in with my parents who are living on the other coast.  Daddy is recovering from a recent stroke and processing instant retirement.  When I get home, the kids are quietly involved in their own activities. Hubby puts the groceries away.  I check my email at the firm.  I review two contracts that were sent by a client.  I check my calendar for next week.  I send some emails, check my Facebook page, post about my unwavering support of the Lakers even though they are down 3-0  and return some personal phone calls. 

Hubby and the girls brought me flowers and cards for Mother's Day.   Mummy and Daddy sent me flowers. They are beautiful.  I am really, really blessed.  These are the moments.

Now its time to do my 1.5 mile walk, take a shower, run to Target (Hubby took the kids out for dinner and to see their grandmother.)  Sort, fold, wash; three loads down, three to go. I catch up with my sister on the phone while in Target.  Back at home (its 9:30 p.m.) Fold and wash; four loads down, two to go.

Time to BLOG.  PJs on.  Time to read the most recent Court of Appeals decision that could affect my client.


Good Night Blogspot....Going to check Facebook one more time...

1 comment:

  1. I love reading blogs they always reveal great tid bits. Love you Cuz! Thanks for sharing and Happy Mother's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete